You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeing spinning rainbow wheel too often.

Seeing spinning rainbow wheel too often. Slow iMac (2014 vintage,MacOS Catalina) response . What can I do to get rid of a lot of junk to improve response times?

iMac 21.5″, 10.15

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 8:49 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

What can I do to get rid of a lot of junk to improve response times?

That is usually a non-sequitur. The primary reason for pointing that out is that there are a plethora of scam products that allege the existence of "junk" that needs to be "cleaned out" to fix a slow Mac. Installing and using those products always makes things worse.

See how your Mac works in "Safe Mode" first, then restart normally. Write back with your observations.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2023 8:49 AM in response to RealErnie

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

What can I do to get rid of a lot of junk to improve response times?

That is usually a non-sequitur. The primary reason for pointing that out is that there are a plethora of scam products that allege the existence of "junk" that needs to be "cleaned out" to fix a slow Mac. Installing and using those products always makes things worse.

See how your Mac works in "Safe Mode" first, then restart normally. Write back with your observations.

Seeing spinning rainbow wheel too often.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.