You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV mirroring doesn’t allow streaming

Whenever I use my apple TV to watch Netflix or now TV, when I start playing a show the screen turns grey, the audio still works but the picture is gone

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 4:28 PM

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or else to what other device are you trying to steam from these content providers?

Are you trying to stream from Mac? What is its version macOS? Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

• Netflix stopped supporting AirPlay in 2019 [1]. Use the Netflix app on the Apple TV box instead.
  • Now TV supports AirPlay from their own app on mobile [2], but doesn’t describe this functionality from Mac.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2023 4:28 PM in response to Georgiamcnally

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or else to what other device are you trying to steam from these content providers?

Are you trying to stream from Mac? What is its version macOS? Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

• Netflix stopped supporting AirPlay in 2019 [1]. Use the Netflix app on the Apple TV box instead.
  • Now TV supports AirPlay from their own app on mobile [2], but doesn’t describe this functionality from Mac.

Apple TV mirroring doesn’t allow streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.