You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original Apple TV doesn't stream apple tv+

Original Apple TV doesn't stream apple tv+? Is this intentional or is mine buggy?

I've updated the software to latest and I've also tried mirroring - which works for all things except Apple TV Content (Films, TV Shows, etc).

the message I get is - problem loading content or something...

Please advise. thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 7:35 AM

Watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

"You can use the Apple TV app. .. Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS, Apple TV (3rd generation) with Apple TV Software Update 7.3 or later, eligible smart TVs, and on some streaming devices."

7 replies

Nov 6, 2019 7:45 AM in response to FNC83

The original Apple TV is from 2007 and its a white and silver slab, that doesn't even have access to the iTunes store any more.

Its understandable one of those would not support a service such as Apple TV+.

If you have a black box, then you have at least a Second Generation Apple TV.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

To get the Apple TV app where you can access the Apple TV+ service you need a 3rd generation Apple TV at least.

For mirroring you apparently also need a 3rd gen Apple TV.

Original Apple TV doesn't stream apple tv+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.