You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation (Model: A1469) icloud login issues

I managed to sign into itunes with my appleID and password+verification code. When I try to sign into icloud on the apple tv with the same apple ID and password I am prompted for the verification code which I enter but once I press submit - it always says "iCloud is not currently available. Try again later." - I have checked the Apple status page and all services are green. I have checked for updates and have the latest update installed on the apple TV (Apple TV Software = 7.9 (8163). Please advise how I can login?

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:54 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 25, 2023 3:19 PM in response to margrit81

Hi margrit81,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. Let's first make sure that you're running the latest tvOS version on your Apple TV as this may help to address the issue you're facing. See: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV manually
1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Keep your Apple TV connected and plugged in to power until the update is complete.
After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

If you still run into an issue, you can try retting your Apple TV by following the steps here: Reset Apple TV - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Apple TV 3rd generation (Model: A1469) icloud login issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.