You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In what folder does Macos Ventura store the WIFI prefpane?

Trying to make a shortcut; can't file the wifi.prefpane file which is not stored with the other preference panes in /System/Library/PreferencePanes. I can only find the Network.prefPane which is close; but not what I want.

someone suggested /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Network.prefPane/Contents/Plugins/Apple80211.prefPane but that doesn't work.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 6:05 PM

Apple is using custom URLs for most of these new settings. The WiFi setting URL is:

x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.wifi-settings-extension

You can open it in the Terminal with:

open x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.wifi-settings-extension

I'm not familiar with shortcuts so I'm not sure how you would do it there.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2023 6:05 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

Apple is using custom URLs for most of these new settings. The WiFi setting URL is:

x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.wifi-settings-extension

You can open it in the Terminal with:

open x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.wifi-settings-extension

I'm not familiar with shortcuts so I'm not sure how you would do it there.

Feb 28, 2023 7:07 PM in response to Randall_2023

Randall_2023 wrote:

When he asked 'what folder' I noticed there wasn't one specific to wifi so I did my best to lead him to Network which in Settings is where Wifi lives. Guess I should have asked for more details.

No worries.

Poke around in the System Settings app and look for the Sidebar.plist file. I knew about the new URL scheme already, but I only found out about the sidebar file when looking for a url specific to the Wi-Fi setting.

In what folder does Macos Ventura store the WIFI prefpane?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.