You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unreliable UX: When will Apple fix Slide-to-type so it stops changing previous words even with autocorrect and predictive text turned off?

If there's anyone at Apple with any clout reading this, please, for the love of all things, fix slide-to-type to not change prior-typed words so that I don't have to go back to Android. Without that iOS bug, I can swipe-type 60 words per minute. With iOS's buggy behavior, it's more like 20 words per minute. An example: I just swipe-typed a response to a legal issue that included "those harmed will be able to", and then noticed, when proofreading before sending, that it got changed to "those harpooned will be able to". My finger never went anywhere near the 'p' or 'o' when I swipe-typed "harmed", so there's zero cause for the system to change that word to "harpooned". Either your AI/ML-model training has been spectacularly flawed, or you have some heuristics that need a code review by more-caring programmers.

Please fix this or give us a way to disable the feature! I have to resort to using Windows 11 with a keyboard to type anything of import.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:55 PM

There is no one at Apple reading anything in this user-to-user forum.

Like just about every large company Apple has both formal technical support and an area where users can discuss technical issues with other users. And, like all of those other companies, Apple does not participate in any significant way in the user-to-user discussions, as that might inhibit the free flow of ideas. The formal name of this area is Apple Support Communities. The “Communities” should be a giveaway that this isn’t a formal support site. And if that doesn’t, the site itself is https://discussions.apple.com. The “discussions” is another giveaway.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

• You can provide feedback to Apple at→ Product Feedback - Apple where your issue or suggestion will be recorded, but you will not get a reply

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

About the only communications method not used by Apple support is inbound email, probably because the volume would be overwhelming, and separating the wheat from the chaff (or, to us engineers, a poor signal to noise ratio) would be almost impossible. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2023 2:55 PM in response to ehodge

There is no one at Apple reading anything in this user-to-user forum.

Like just about every large company Apple has both formal technical support and an area where users can discuss technical issues with other users. And, like all of those other companies, Apple does not participate in any significant way in the user-to-user discussions, as that might inhibit the free flow of ideas. The formal name of this area is Apple Support Communities. The “Communities” should be a giveaway that this isn’t a formal support site. And if that doesn’t, the site itself is https://discussions.apple.com. The “discussions” is another giveaway.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

• You can provide feedback to Apple at→ Product Feedback - Apple where your issue or suggestion will be recorded, but you will not get a reply

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

About the only communications method not used by Apple support is inbound email, probably because the volume would be overwhelming, and separating the wheat from the chaff (or, to us engineers, a poor signal to noise ratio) would be almost impossible. 

Unreliable UX: When will Apple fix Slide-to-type so it stops changing previous words even with autocorrect and predictive text turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.