You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote light blinks but nothing happens

Hello-

I have an older Apple TV (Gen. 2) and a newer remote. When I try to pair the remote to the older AppleTV with the menu and volume up button, the light blinks, but nothing changes on the screen. I can see the screen saver and the AppleTV is asking for access to the network.

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 1:31 AM

The black Siri Remote unfortunately doesn’t work with the legacy models Apple TV box (2007–2014).

These older models need a different remote: Apple Remote (aluminum) A1294.

Any replacement remote will have to be linked or paired to the Apple TV box.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support (2022) (via Wayback Machine) (2nd half of the page).

Do both steps: first the unlinking, then the linking; both with the same replacement remote.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2023 1:31 AM in response to peterfrombelleplaine

The black Siri Remote unfortunately doesn’t work with the legacy models Apple TV box (2007–2014).

These older models need a different remote: Apple Remote (aluminum) A1294.

Any replacement remote will have to be linked or paired to the Apple TV box.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support (2022) (via Wayback Machine) (2nd half of the page).

Do both steps: first the unlinking, then the linking; both with the same replacement remote.

Apple Remote light blinks but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.