You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anchorage District School Device Enrollment

Hi, I used to receive this notification in my MBP mid 2012 (running macOS Catalina 10.15.7) very often after I purchased it from a local seller. The OS was working fine and I would usually skip off that notification every-time it came.

Until recently, when I made the decision to reinstall/fresh-install the macOS. So I made a backup of all my data on an external hard drive and after erasing my drives I reinstalled macOS and in the setup it asked about this enrollment which I did accept. Then, when it came to login screen it asked for a login password. Now I don’t know and searched the internet also for any kind of “default macbook login passwords” but it didn’t help me in my problem.

I am stuck there, can anyone please guide me through the problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 6:27 PM

It sounds like that Mac was not prepared properly for owner transfer before you acquired it. Apparently the folks who administer the Anchorage District School Device Enrollment program missed a step or are missing a MBP, or worse that the device was stolen.

This is what should have been done to prepare that computer: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Without knowledge of the password being requested, you may find it difficult or impossible to reinstall the OS and other apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2023 6:27 PM in response to samiullah915

It sounds like that Mac was not prepared properly for owner transfer before you acquired it. Apparently the folks who administer the Anchorage District School Device Enrollment program missed a step or are missing a MBP, or worse that the device was stolen.

This is what should have been done to prepare that computer: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Without knowledge of the password being requested, you may find it difficult or impossible to reinstall the OS and other apps.

Anchorage District School Device Enrollment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.