You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable auto spacing after punctuation (coma, dot, etc) on iPhone 14 Pro Max keyboard

It's driving me nuts. I want to be able to add an auto-space after basic punctuation when typing something using the iPhone keyboard.

To be clear:

When I type a "," or a "." => I would like to have an auto space and continue typing

I've searched for that option on Settings > General > Keyboards but there is NO auto spacing toggle.

I'm using the latest iPhone 14 Pro Max with its native keyboard.

How can I enable it?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 6:39 AM

Unfortunately, it is not possible to set Auto Space for punctuation with the iOS Keyboard. I see that the SwiftKey and Gboard keyboards support the feature for the Android version, but now I've just tested both keyboards on my iPhone, and neither of them offer that feature for iOS.

But let Apple know there's room for improvement by submitting a feature request:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2023 6:39 AM in response to chillinpotty

Unfortunately, it is not possible to set Auto Space for punctuation with the iOS Keyboard. I see that the SwiftKey and Gboard keyboards support the feature for the Android version, but now I've just tested both keyboards on my iPhone, and neither of them offer that feature for iOS.

But let Apple know there's room for improvement by submitting a feature request:

Product Feedback - Apple

How to enable auto spacing after punctuation (coma, dot, etc) on iPhone 14 Pro Max keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.