You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone switched to silent mode and I can’t get it back to ring mode

My iphone SE 3rd generation switched to a silent mode and I can’t get it back to ring mode. I’ve tried shutting the phone down for >30 seconds twice, but it still won’t reset to ring mode, even though I have it set to ring mode in the settings. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 2:10 PM

OldDocRiley wrote:

My iphone SE 3rd generation switched to a silent mode and I can’t get it back to ring mode. I’ve tried shutting the phone down for >30 seconds twice, but it still won’t reset to ring mode, even though I have it set to ring mode in the settings. Any suggestions?

Use the side control an flip the switch to up for ringer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2023 2:10 PM in response to OldDocRiley

OldDocRiley wrote:

Use the side control an flip the switch to up for ringer.

My iPhone switched to silent mode and I can’t get it back to ring mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.