You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone

I have a problem with my phone and my daughters iPhone linking up and I need hers to unlink so that it doesn’t mess up my contacts and pictures basically everything! She is using my old iPhone and had an android phone but it tried to catch fire while charging and she put her old SIM card in the iPhone but all my info is still there I thought I had factory reset it but now I’m not sure and don’t want to chance losing my account information if we do it any suggestions

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 7:48 PM

It sounds to me like she is also using your Apple ID. She should have her own. This document explains how to create a new Apple ID (create an Apple Account) --> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

You should also have done this first to make sure any settings you had on there were deleted: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Justjen78

It sounds to me like she is also using your Apple ID. She should have her own. This document explains how to create a new Apple ID (create an Apple Account) --> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

You should also have done this first to make sure any settings you had on there were deleted: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 9, 2023 11:45 AM in response to Justjen78

Hello again,

I am interpreting your description to mean it was your daughter's Android that caught fire and she then wanted to use your phone with her phone service. While ideally you would have erased your phone first, unless she has her own Apple ID and signs in with it, nothing should happen to your content. However, if she has her own Apple ID and signed in without erasing first, there is some risk that data may have been shared with the other account.

Apple does not use SIM cards for storing data so inserting a SIM card from another phone will not result in mixing of data.

iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.