You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot add payment to my apple id and cannot upgrade my icloud storage...the subscription was running earlier but stopped

I cannot add payment to my apple id and cannot upgrade my icloud storage...the subscription was running earlier but stopped

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 2:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 2:52 AM

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See the following Apple articles:

Add a payment method to your Apple ID -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

• Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

and cannot upgrade my icloud storage...the subscription was running earlier but stopped

When did you downgrade your iCloud subscription?

The iCloud + subscription will be terminated depending on the start date.

If you start on August 1 and are going to cancel now, the subscription will stop on November 1, a monthly term is used.

Perhaps you have to wait, then try again to upgrade then iCloud storage.

See this Apple article: Upgrade to iCloud+ -> Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2023 2:52 AM in response to rohitmisra666

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See the following Apple articles:

Add a payment method to your Apple ID -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

• Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

and cannot upgrade my icloud storage...the subscription was running earlier but stopped

When did you downgrade your iCloud subscription?

The iCloud + subscription will be terminated depending on the start date.

If you start on August 1 and are going to cancel now, the subscription will stop on November 1, a monthly term is used.

Perhaps you have to wait, then try again to upgrade then iCloud storage.

See this Apple article: Upgrade to iCloud+ -> Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.