You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Disappear from Messages on MacBook - is there a fix?

Whenever i receive a text message with a photo or video, i can see it on my MacBook pro for the first couple hours and then it is no longer viewable or accessible. The text remains and there is a silhouette where the photo was, but that is it. (I can see the photo and text forever on my iPhone)

I have seen several posts with the same issue, but I have not seen a fix.

Please someone share the solution for this issue? it is very persistent and quite irritating.

Not only do the photos disappear after several hours but I cannot SEND a text from the MacBook with a photo. the text will send but not the photo.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 4:50 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 10, 2023 8:19 AM in response to tsouthall

Greetings tsouthall,

In order to isolate the issue with your photos disappearing from Messages, create a new user account and see if you are able to duplicate the issue. Change Users & Groups settings on Mac

Should the issue continue, contact Apple Support for more guidance. They will be in the best position to support you.

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Photos Disappear from Messages on MacBook - is there a fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.