You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.3.1 breaks external DisplayPort monitor support for my dock

I have a 2021 16" MacBook Pro. Up through MacOS 13.3 I used a Dell D6000 USB-C dock to power my keyboard, mouse, speakers, camera, and 3 external monitors: 1 via HDMI, and 2 via DisplayPort to DVI adapters.

After upgrading to MacOS 13.3.1 the DisplayPort connected monitors don't work. They are not recognized in Settings->Display, nor are they found in the System Report USB tab where they appeared before. They work when connected to individual USB-C to DVI dongles (skipping DisplayPort), but not the dock.

I have tried all combinations of resetting the dock, MacBook, and monitors. I am convinced that the update broke something related to DisplayPort external monitors connected to older docks. Earlier this year, an update broke my using a 2011 iMac as an external monitor connected to a dock (via raw DisplayPort, not Thunderbolt).

Has anyone else noticed this and fixed it?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 12:39 PM

I solved my problem, I had to reinstall DisplayLink drivers.

Similar questions

1 reply

13.3.1 breaks external DisplayPort monitor support for my dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.