You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro stopped recognising Lenovo display port monitor (via Dell hub)

Since I got my MBP about 18 months ago I've been running three external monitors on my desktop. I've got a Dell D3100 dock which has 2 HDMI connections and 1 Display Port and connects to the Mac via USB.

This has worked fine for a year and a half. Now all of a sudden the Lenovo monitor (my main one) which connects to the hub via DisplayPort isn't being seen. The monitor comes up with a no cable attached message.

I've gotten around it by plugging it directly into the HDMI port on the Mac - but the whole point of the dock was to just have one cable to connect disconnect and keep tidy. I'm quite frustrated because I'm not sure what changed. I recently upgraded the OS but that was after I experience the problem. Have also upgraded the DisplayLink software.

Anyone got an idea what may be going on?

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 3:05 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro stopped recognising Lenovo display port monitor (via Dell hub)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.