You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Account (POP/IMAP)

I have a third POP Account that used to work fine on my Apple Mail but since Microsoft have stopped supporting Third Party POP/IMAP Email Accounts I can no longer use Apple Mail as my Email Platform. I understand that Microsoft still support Google and Yahoo Mail platforms but nit other Third Party Mail Programs.

My question here are Apple going to resolve this issue or am I destined to have to use Webmail from now on or change all my email accounts onto an Exchange Server so that I can continue to use my Apple Mail.

iMac 27″, 12.6

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 6:58 AM

I'm sorry but it is difficult to understand your question.

What email client do you want to use?

What email provider are you using?

All my outlook, gmail, and other accounts are working with all my email clients. Please describe your issue in more detail and context.

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 6:58 AM in response to bnrugby

I'm sorry but it is difficult to understand your question.

What email client do you want to use?

What email provider are you using?

All my outlook, gmail, and other accounts are working with all my email clients. Please describe your issue in more detail and context.

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Apr 18, 2023 8:35 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I use Apple Mail and my provider is BT Business.

Gmail, iCloud, Business Email which is Exchange all work with Apple Mail Client.

BTConnect and my own person email using my domain are POP Accounts and you can now only access via WeMail, this is because of Microsoft no longer supporting most POP/IMAC accounts. I have been advised by BT Business and Microsoft that their intention is to terminate all access of POP/IMAC via third party Email Clients.

I am aware that some individuals POP/IMAC email is still functioning using Apple Mail Account, in particular those using xxx@btinternet.com. However, I’m told that there access will also be restricted to WebMail.

Email Account (POP/IMAP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.