You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Touchbar fully lit up LED bar

Touchbar just randomly went to a blank white. Still responsive but is all white out and lit up and I can't tell where the buttons are visually. I've done everything from YouTubing methods, shutting down, restarting, restarting SMC, restarting in safe mode, etc. Nothing corrected the issue. I have never dropped or had my laptop near water or caused any damage to cause this problem. I am wondering what to do next?

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 10:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 6:34 AM

Bombshellx wrote:

Touchbar just randomly went to a blank white.
Still responsive but is all white out and lit up and I can't tell where the buttons are visually.

I've done everything from YouTubing methods, shutting down, restarting, restarting SMC, restarting in safe mode, etc.

Nothing corrected the issue. I have never dropped or had my laptop near water or caused any damage to cause this problem. I am wondering what to do next?

If this is Intel Mac —and a software issue— the best you can do is both:

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—

Hardware issues are best dealt with over the counter...

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2023 6:34 AM in response to Bombshellx

Bombshellx wrote:

Touchbar just randomly went to a blank white.
Still responsive but is all white out and lit up and I can't tell where the buttons are visually.

I've done everything from YouTubing methods, shutting down, restarting, restarting SMC, restarting in safe mode, etc.

Nothing corrected the issue. I have never dropped or had my laptop near water or caused any damage to cause this problem. I am wondering what to do next?

If this is Intel Mac —and a software issue— the best you can do is both:

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—

Hardware issues are best dealt with over the counter...

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro Touchbar fully lit up LED bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.