You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modify of preview app of Mac

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf. now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 10:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 4:07 AM

YQPANG wrote:

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf.

Just to clarify something, you can add images to a PDF file and consequently add pages.

now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

If the image is smaller than the document a border will be created. The smaller the image, the bigger the border. That's been true since Monterey at least.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2023 4:07 AM in response to YQPANG

YQPANG wrote:

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf.

Just to clarify something, you can add images to a PDF file and consequently add pages.

now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

If the image is smaller than the document a border will be created. The smaller the image, the bigger the border. That's been true since Monterey at least.

Modify of preview app of Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.