You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube on Apple TV?

Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube?? This happened before when I first got Apple TV last October and I blamed my internet provider. Then it went away. It’s back again! It streams about 10 minutes and it starts to buffer until I get an error message saying “item can’t be played, try again later.” It happens with ANYTHING I try to watch regardless of genre or anything else I choose. No problem watching anything on my Mac, iPad and iPhone, just not on my tele! It’s obviously not my internet provider. Can anyone help? Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV HD

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:37 PM

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version (non-beta), if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version is tvOS 16.4.1 [2].

Try restarting both the Apple TV box and the router (and any optional other network gear).

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2023 10:37 PM in response to sissy50

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version (non-beta), if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version is tvOS 16.4.1 [2].

Try restarting both the Apple TV box and the router (and any optional other network gear).

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Why can’t I stream any channels like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc except for YouTube on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.