You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t stream a show on Apple TV+. I tried updating my fire stick, deleted and reinstalled the app, cleared cache and it still tePls me to check internet connection. All other apps work just fine.

Apple TV+ will not let me stream shows that I previously could. It stops streaming and I get a message to check internet connection, which is connected and working. This started happening on Sept 12, 2023. I deleted and reinstalled the app, updated my Firestick and deleted cache. Nothing works. All other apps work fine.

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:07 PM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2023 5:53 PM in response to Jayhawkdoc

Hey there Jayhawkdoc,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

If having issues with not being able to watch shows in the Apple TV app, check out the following resource for help troubleshooting the issue: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If the movie or TV show won't start playing
After each step, try to stream or download the movie or TV show again.
1. Check the System Status page for service interruptions or check a third-party provider's website for any interruptions. If there are service interruptions, try to stream or watch the video later.
2. If you're having trouble signing in with your Apple ID, you can reset your Apple ID password or learn how to get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication.
3. If your cellular connection is poor, connect to Wi-Fi instead.*
4. Try watching on a different device using the same Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If it doesn't work, contact your internet service provider to see if there's an issue with your network.
5. If other people are using Apple TV+ or Apple TV channels, make sure it doesn't exceed the limits for streaming on multiple devices.

* Make sure that your Wi-Fi router is 802.11a/g/n/ac compatible. Streaming HD content requires 8 Mbit/s or faster. Slower tiers of Wi-Fi connections might not be fast enough to stream HD video content.

If still having issues after going through the steps above, and with the steps you've already tried, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly at this link here: Get Support - Apple

Best regards.

I can’t stream a show on Apple TV+. I tried updating my fire stick, deleted and reinstalled the app, cleared cache and it still tePls me to check internet connection. All other apps work just fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.