You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't create a backup on either Iphone or iPad

I can't create a backup on either Iphone or iPad, even though I have space in my cloud storage. I click on the backup button, wait all day for it to be backed up and nothing happens. Please help me with this problem.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 12:28 PM

From this article:

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

1. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
  2. Connect your device to a power source.
  3. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  4. Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
  5. If you get an alert says that you don't have enough iCloud storage space to complete the backup, follow the onscreen steps to buy more storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 12:28 PM in response to violeta219

From this article:

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

1. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
  2. Connect your device to a power source.
  3. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  4. Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
  5. If you get an alert says that you don't have enough iCloud storage space to complete the backup, follow the onscreen steps to buy more storage.

I can't create a backup on either Iphone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.