You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer the backup from my last iPhone to this one

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 5:55 PM

Vortex43_ Said:

"How do I transfer the backup from my last iPhone to this one"

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Use Quick Start. If you a transferring to a new iPhone, then this is the link to use: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Use Quick Start to transfer data. If you have iOS16, then the iOS cannot be downgraded (and as a result, things would no be just like your iPhone 7).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Vortex43_

Vortex43_ Said:

"How do I transfer the backup from my last iPhone to this one"

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Use Quick Start. If you a transferring to a new iPhone, then this is the link to use: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Use Quick Start to transfer data. If you have iOS16, then the iOS cannot be downgraded (and as a result, things would no be just like your iPhone 7).

May 2, 2023 2:47 PM in response to Vortex43_

Vortex43_ Said:

"What if my last iPhone is completely broken and unusable"

-------

Quick Start would not be an option, then.

So, Sync Through iCloud:

If items where enabled though iCloud, then you would likely be able to access it from there. You would sign in to the same Apple ID  on the working iPhone, and then enable items in iCloud settings. If enable on the older iPhone, expect these files to be accessible between the two iPhone. As an example, here is how to do so with iCloud Photos:

Accessing Photos:

I. On Both iPhones:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos
  6. Open: the Photos app to access these items.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.