You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share an Album from Photos

I have an album of 80 photos in Photos = I created it as a shared album and I did a Copy Link and thought it saved but when I went to my email to paste it nothing would paste == I can’t just invite people to the link == I was going to send it to a person who has the mailing list == but can’t do that because I can’t create a link and can’t even share it to myself.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 8:39 AM

To be able to see the link we have to create the shared album as a public website.

Click "Turn on public website", when you create the shared album.

Use iCloud Shared Albums with iPad - Apple Support

Only or a public website I am seeing the link. I cannot enable the public website for existing shared albums, after people have been invited. I have to do it right away.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2023 8:39 AM in response to Victoria Herring

To be able to see the link we have to create the shared album as a public website.

Click "Turn on public website", when you create the shared album.

Use iCloud Shared Albums with iPad - Apple Support

Only or a public website I am seeing the link. I cannot enable the public website for existing shared albums, after people have been invited. I have to do it right away.

May 11, 2023 11:34 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Did you copy the link on your iPad or your Mac, Victoria? We can no longer tell by the name of the forum, if you are asking about Photos for mac or Photos on a mobile device.

You may want to try it on your Mac, if you have not done so. On my Mac I can copy the link in the drop down panel for the Shared album and paste it into a mail. Or click the link there it will open the website with the album, where I can copy the URL (below "Public Website).

May 12, 2023 8:23 AM in response to léonie

Thanks = That was on my iPad = I am now on my Monterey MBP -=- but what I got when I put the album [81 pics] into a shared album they are all there but when I go to the people icon it says to invite people [me as owner] but no way to just get a link and when I then go to the share icon it says to invite people [I want a link!] - I invited myself, selected Mail as a method and all 81 images came into the Mail email message == I do not want to send the pics == people may not want to view them = I just want them to be available if desired. I need a link not to email the pics.

How to share an Album from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.