You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine cannot complete the back up (due to a missing photo in photos library

HI. I am getting this error when backing up. I looked in the Photos library package and the file does not exist. I tried repairing the library by option-cmd double click on Photos icon.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 1:43 AM

Hi there!

See if you can complete this Time Machine backup from safe mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up.

If the issue continues, take a look at If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support. If the other steps don't work for your situation, you may need to erase your backup disk, then use Time Machine to select it as your backup disk again, as outlined in the article.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2023 1:43 AM in response to JDhomeinWUE

Hi there!

See if you can complete this Time Machine backup from safe mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up.

If the issue continues, take a look at If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support. If the other steps don't work for your situation, you may need to erase your backup disk, then use Time Machine to select it as your backup disk again, as outlined in the article.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Jack

Time Machine cannot complete the back up (due to a missing photo in photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.