You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud device numbers in my account

In iCloud, I see all the devices in my account. Some of these have a parenthetical number alongside them indicating that there may be more than one of these? How do I rid these numbers and why do they seem to generate?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:28 AM

If the device is a phone/iPad, check the name at Settings > General > About > Name. When upgrading a phone, it may keep the same name, but add a number in parentheses to give it a unique name. You should be able to change it at that settings location.

9 replies

Jun 4, 2023 5:20 PM in response to break7bg

Yep, check at Settings > General > About > Name and see if it has a parenthesis in the name. When you first set up a device if will have the name as iPad or iPhone, and if you set up another device or upgrade to a new device it will add that after the name to give it a unique name. You can give each device a different name instead of the default iPad or iPhone.

iCloud device numbers in my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.