You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers and Template

I am trying to create a new sheet in Numbers but it is forcing me to choose a template. I need to create the sheet from scratch not with a pre-made table. I tried deleting the table and it won't let me. Tried modifying the columns and rows, zip. Beyond the fact that I can't export my contacts into a csv file, now I can't create a blank document in Numbers. UGH!!! Help!

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 2:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 2:50 PM

There is a blank document template.

they all will start with a table. You don’t have a spreadsheet without one. Just enter the data, add/remove columns, and export as csv.

If you just want a csv, use a text editor. Separate fields with commas. If the field contains a comma, surround the whole field with double quotes.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2023 2:50 PM in response to AggieJ_51

There is a blank document template.

they all will start with a table. You don’t have a spreadsheet without one. Just enter the data, add/remove columns, and export as csv.

If you just want a csv, use a text editor. Separate fields with commas. If the field contains a comma, surround the whole field with double quotes.

Numbers and Template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.