You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application Opening But Not Showing On Desktop

I was working with my Application (Cricut Design Space) the other night on my Mac mini. I tried dragging it to the top of my screen to move it out of the way. I must have dragged it a little too far, it disappeared on me! Quit the app then tried to reopen. Looks like it opened but it didn't show on my desktop. Quit the application again, Uninstalled it, then Re-Installed it again. Looked like it was going to open, but it continued to do the same thing. Opens and shows on the top left but it won't actual open on the screen. I have checked to see if there were other desktops active and nothing shows up. What the heck did I do?! Another note, I have to force quit the app. Did I screw something up?

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 2:34 PM

Yes, Menu Bar does reflect that the App is running at the top of the page. It shows File, View, Help etc... It even loads the opening screen. Once it reaches 100% it just disappears.

3 replies

Jun 7, 2023 3:29 PM in response to lialexa

Start with this of M1 or M2 Mac...

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.

Select a volume.

Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Restart normally.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If still not working...

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Application Opening But Not Showing On Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.