You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turned off iCloud and everything gone

I know I sound stupid but I'm lost. I turned off iCloud and everything is gone from my Mac book Air 2020 M1. I logged into iCloud (which I hate and don't use and its saying it's full etc. I only want to save things to my MBA)

It seems like everything is there but how do i get it back onto my Mac book air? It won't let me download any of my files. I would like to download everything and turn off iCloud. How do i do this?

Running Ventura 13.2.1

Many thanks

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 9:32 PM

You had signed out Apple ID from Mac book air If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support , once again sign in with same Apple ID and password with account credentials from Mac system preferences Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

The iCloud storage has to be upgraded from your existing storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

When space is created in iCloud the files , iCloud data will start syncing , the Mac should be connected to power and high network speed is essential Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note : when you again sign in with Apple ID make all inbuilt features like notes , mail , photos , calendar ... including safari , keychain , desktops and documents , iCloud Drive should be turned as on .

Further check your iCloud storage plan Check your iCloud plan on iCloud.com - Apple Support , and storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

From Mac Check your iCloud storage on any device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2023 9:32 PM in response to john1245the

You had signed out Apple ID from Mac book air If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support , once again sign in with same Apple ID and password with account credentials from Mac system preferences Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

The iCloud storage has to be upgraded from your existing storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

When space is created in iCloud the files , iCloud data will start syncing , the Mac should be connected to power and high network speed is essential Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note : when you again sign in with Apple ID make all inbuilt features like notes , mail , photos , calendar ... including safari , keychain , desktops and documents , iCloud Drive should be turned as on .

Further check your iCloud storage plan Check your iCloud plan on iCloud.com - Apple Support , and storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

From Mac Check your iCloud storage on any device - Apple Support

Turned off iCloud and everything gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.