You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16 inch 2021 Dot Marks

Hello, I came across finding my Macbook screen having these dot marks that can’t come off with a Mirco fiber cloth. these are pretty much the only marks I see on my display there is no othermarkings/scratches other than these dot marks, I can’t get rid of them and they seem to be be embedded with the display. you can try to pick with a fingernail with the cloth and you feel the mark. Is this covered by warranty any chance? I have this Mac for 2 months now and has been taking care with great care with a mircofiber sleeve.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:46 AM

BriGeek wrote:

Hello, I came across finding my Macbook screen having these dot marks that can’t come off with a Mirco fiber cloth. these are pretty much the only marks I see on my display there is no othermarkings/scratches other than these dot marks, I can’t get rid of them and they seem to be be embedded with the display. you can try to pick with a fingernail with the cloth and you feel the mark. Is this covered by warranty any chance? I have this Mac for 2 months now and has been taking care with great care with a mircofiber sleeve.

ref: Clean your Mac computer's screen or display

For hardware issue—

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 6:46 AM in response to BriGeek

BriGeek wrote:

ref: Clean your Mac computer's screen or display

For hardware issue—

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Macbook Pro 16 inch 2021 Dot Marks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.