You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads will not Airplay

Cannot play downloaded shows from iPad to AppleTV (4K 3rd gen), even downloaded AppleTV shows (Ted Lasso). Also Paramount and MAX.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 8:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Unfortunately, Paramount and MAX still don’t play. I assume those apps do not allow downloaded Airplay?

I don’t have those services, so I am not able to try myself.

You could contact each of them to inquire about downloads and AirPlay.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 7, 2023 3:47 AM in response to Martii13

I’ve tried to replicate your issue, but downloaded Apple TV+ content on iPad streams fine to my Apple TV 4K using AirPlay. 🤷‍♂️

Unless someone else chimes in with a new idea, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for investigating and the suggestion.

I did redownload an AppleTV show (Hijack) and it played. May have downloaded under a different ID before.

Unfortunately, Paramount and MAX still don’t play. I assume those apps do not allow downloaded Airplay? Odd since I can stream shows from these apps, but have limited data on the internet, HughesNet in this case, so cannot or it uses too much data.

Did contact Apple support, no help. Three people and an hour. Que sera sera.

Downloads will not Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.