You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is it meaning when it asks me if I want to reset encrypted data? And what will I loose if I choose to do this?

What is it meaning when it asks me if I want to reset encrypted data? And what will I loose if I choose to do this?

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2023 10:04 AM in response to BillyG2152

Do you want to reset the password that you use for future backups of your iPhone?

You can do this, but resetting the password for future backups will not allow you to access the encrypted backups that you have already stored......if you have forgotten the encryption password.

In other words, if you have forgotten the password for your encrypted backups, you will not be able to access the data in those backups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.