You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes does not copy Songs on my iPod

Hi

my IPod was bought in December 2007. It has been working fine until now.

Yesterday 15.7.2023 I tried to play some new songs from some CDs using iTunes.

100 Songs could not be copied to my iPod. Reason: iPod won‘t be able to play them.

What should I do please? Thanks

iPod nano

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 4:14 AM

3 replies

Jul 16, 2023 12:54 PM in response to nao1468

nao1468 wrote:

100 Songs could not be copied to my iPod. Reason: iPod won‘t be able to play them.

If the message actually said that the iPod could not play specific songs, that suggests that the songs were in a format the the iPod cannot use.

However, the only reason I can think of at this time that the iPod would not be able to play songs that are in your iTunes Library is because the Bit Rate of the songs is too high. Alternatively, did the message say that the songs were not copied to the iPod because the original file could not be found (in which case, the songs would not play in iTunes either)?

Note that songs from Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be copied to an iPod nano.

To check for the Bit Rate and format (kind), look at the details for any one of the songs that were not copied to your iPod, by selecting the song and from iTunes' top bar menu choose Edit/Song Info/File (or shortcut CTRL+I). What do the following tags on the File tab say?:

• kind
    • size
    • bit rate
    • sample rate

Can you also confirm that the songs do play in your iTunes Library? If they do not, does each non-playing song have an exclamation mark to the left of the song title?

ITunes does not copy Songs on my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.