You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my iPhone XS out of dark mode.

I can't get my iPhone XS out of dark mode. Tried setting<display< light mode< and took it off automatic. Restarted it, and it is still on dark mode. (which oddly I never turned on?)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 1:38 AM

Re: I can't get my iPhone XS out of dark mode

You may want to check if either "Smart Invert" or "Classic Invert" are enabled in

Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size. If so, turn that off.

Check: Settings > Display & Brightness > Appearance > tap on Light ....... Turn Automatic -> Off.

Else: you may be able to turn dark mode off in Control Centre

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support / Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2023 1:38 AM in response to Daynaow

Re: I can't get my iPhone XS out of dark mode

You may want to check if either "Smart Invert" or "Classic Invert" are enabled in

Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size. If so, turn that off.

Check: Settings > Display & Brightness > Appearance > tap on Light ....... Turn Automatic -> Off.

Else: you may be able to turn dark mode off in Control Centre

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support / Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

I can't get my iPhone XS out of dark mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.