You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6. My Safari does not come open - Why?

If I go from an email (Wise Trivia for example) and I click on start quiz, the screen switches to Safari which comes up white (blank) then reverts to the Home Screen. If I simply click on Safari, the same thing happens. It is most frustrating - any thoughts as to how to fix this?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 4:57 PM

LSV74 Said:

"I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6. My Safari does not come open - Why?: If I go from an email (Wise Trivia for example) and I click on start quiz, the screen switches to Safari which comes up white (blank) then reverts to the Home Screen. If I simply click on Safari, the same thing happens. It is most frustrating - any thoughts as to how to fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Safari:

Close All Apps:

Safari is not responding and is then reopening So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for each and every app. Try this once more.

Restart your iPhone:

While troubleshooting this, be sure to restart your iPhoneRestart your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2023 4:57 PM in response to LSV74

LSV74 Said:

"I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6. My Safari does not come open - Why?: If I go from an email (Wise Trivia for example) and I click on start quiz, the screen switches to Safari which comes up white (blank) then reverts to the Home Screen. If I simply click on Safari, the same thing happens. It is most frustrating - any thoughts as to how to fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Safari:

Close All Apps:

Safari is not responding and is then reopening So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for each and every app. Try this once more.

Restart your iPhone:

While troubleshooting this, be sure to restart your iPhoneRestart your iPhone - Apple Support

I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6. My Safari does not come open - Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.