You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup my iPhone when the front screen is damaged and it's asking me to enter my passcode and trust computer? its the same computer I plug it into all the time with the same Apple ID as my iPhone

The front screen is solid white and im unable to do anything with my iPhone. When I try and back it up on my Mac it asks for a passcode which im unable to enter. im not sure why it even needs a passcode when this Mac has the same Apple ID as my iPhone and its the same Mac I use every time I back this same phone up to.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:36 AM

Hard to say why it’s asking for a passcode, more than likely a security related thing if it’s been over 24+ hours since the phone was last unlocked.

Unfortunately, you can’t bypass that unless you can put the code in, so screen repair would be needed unless you have a recent backup from before the screen cracked.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2023 8:36 AM in response to pdurrett

Hard to say why it’s asking for a passcode, more than likely a security related thing if it’s been over 24+ hours since the phone was last unlocked.

Unfortunately, you can’t bypass that unless you can put the code in, so screen repair would be needed unless you have a recent backup from before the screen cracked.

How do I backup my iPhone when the front screen is damaged and it's asking me to enter my passcode and trust computer? its the same computer I plug it into all the time with the same Apple ID as my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.