You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple gift card ripped when I opened it and now I don’t know what to do how can I fix it?

i have tried to guess but I always get it wrong

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 12:10 AM

Hi Hutley3543,

Re: My Apple gift card ripped when I opened it and now I don’t know what to do how can I fix it?

Wondering if Apple support's online article can help you:

(NB: This info. is for App Store and iTunes cards ... not for Apple Store Gift Cards)

_________

What to do: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Code is unreadable

If you can't read the code on the back of your card because it's scratched or damaged, contact Apple Support."

"You might need to provide:

• An image of the full front and back of your card.
  • A sales receipt showing when your card was purchased.
  • The serial number from your card. "

NB: There are illustrations in the above article showing how to recognize which number is the serial number

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2023 12:10 AM in response to Hutley3543

Hi Hutley3543,

Re: My Apple gift card ripped when I opened it and now I don’t know what to do how can I fix it?

Wondering if Apple support's online article can help you:

(NB: This info. is for App Store and iTunes cards ... not for Apple Store Gift Cards)

_________

What to do: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"Code is unreadable

If you can't read the code on the back of your card because it's scratched or damaged, contact Apple Support."

"You might need to provide:

• An image of the full front and back of your card.
  • A sales receipt showing when your card was purchased.
  • The serial number from your card. "

NB: There are illustrations in the above article showing how to recognize which number is the serial number

All the best :-)

My Apple gift card ripped when I opened it and now I don’t know what to do how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.