You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion App filters not functioning.

When I try to apply a filter to a project or group, it doesn't go in. Doesn't show up in the layers or timeline windows. Also, the space bar isn't working. To start the project I have to click the arrow.

iMac 27″

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:00 PM

13 replies

Sep 11, 2023 1:19 AM in response to xxxxH

Also my Mac is from 2015 & I don't have an onscreen keyboard. Space bar doesn't work in the Pro Apps only (including Photoshop). As I mentioned earlier it works fine for Mail, Text Edit, and obviously this page.

All mac users have the onscreen keyboard that I am talking about.

Go to System Settings->Keyboard, then under Input Sources click Edit... and activate "Show input menu in menu bar".

Now you always have that Keyboard Viewer available:

My guess is that if you click the space bar in that Keyboard Viewer, when FCP or Motion are active, then it also would not work, thus confirming it is a software issue rather than an issue with the physical keyboard.

Sep 10, 2023 1:22 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

First, I tried deleting preferences with FCP. As a result I lost all of my libraries. How do I recover them? I gather that you didn't expect this to happen. Do you know how I can recover my FCP libraries?

Also my Mac is from 2015 & I don't have an onscreen keyboard. Space bar doesn't work in the Pro Apps only (including Photoshop). As I mentioned earlier it works fine for Mail, Text Edit, and obviously this page.

Motion App filters not functioning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.