You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV is not working with my roku

when I try to load Apple TV is says video not available

3941X2,

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 1:24 AM

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
3. Wait 30 seconds,
4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Roku Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by Jarieta.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2023 1:24 AM in response to StreamingRoku

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
3. Wait 30 seconds,
4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Roku Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by Jarieta.

Jul 3, 2024 4:03 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I had this issue for four months after changing my Apple password. My library wouldn’t show and while my watch now que would display on my roku tv’s. Any attempt to play a movie or show would error out. I removed the app from roku and reinstalled it twice. I established a new roku username. I even got a new internet provider, but nothing worked until yesterday I updated my Apple profile picture via my iPhone and suddenly apple TV worked on my Roku.

Apple TV is not working with my roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.