You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud messages

Hello I recently got a new iPhone and I need to get all my old messages back that were on my old phone. My current phone is showing messages from 2 years ago. Is there any way to update my current messages. I have used the iCloud and it just keeps saying I need to plug my phone in. I also connected to Wifi. I have done that and nothing has happened. Is there any way I can fix this issue?

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:24 AM

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Messages. Is it on? If it was previously on, your messages should be in the iCloud and should eventually load.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

If iCloud messages was not on, the only way to get your messages back is to restore from a backup that contained them:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2023 11:24 AM in response to Pinkie1725

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Messages. Is it on? If it was previously on, your messages should be in the iCloud and should eventually load.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

If iCloud messages was not on, the only way to get your messages back is to restore from a backup that contained them:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

iCloud messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.