You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to USBC adapter

Hi all,

I have a Xpand flash drive, one end is an ordinary USB to plug in to say a laptop and the other end is lightning. Does anyone know if one exists?

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 6:29 AM

Is this what you're looking for?

• Apple USB-C to Lightning Adapter

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MUQX3ZM/A

10 replies

Sep 27, 2023 3:08 PM in response to mickeddie

The majority (if not all) third party USB-C to Lightning Adapters only support charging from a connected USB Power Adapter; they do not support data or connection of Lightning accessories.

The recently released Apple USB-C to Lightning Adapter is the only commercially available Adapter that to support connection of the majority of Lightning accessories to iPad models and iPhone15 that feature USB-C.

Oct 17, 2023 6:16 AM in response to Jeff2710

Jeff2710 wrote:

Excuse me, I have bought this adapter and wanted to connect my lightning EarPods with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5570 with USB-C 3.1 Gen 1), but it showed error driver and could not connect, so do you have any solutions to this issue (by the way my iPad Pro connects properly)

The Apple USB-C to Lightning Adapter is intended to allow connection of devices with Lightning connector to connect to Apple devices that have a USB-C port.

This adapter is not intended to connect devices with Lightning connector to a Windows PC. While it may be technically possible, you would need to find and install a suitable third-party device driver for your PC.

Oct 19, 2023 5:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

I asked this because I didn’t find out any drivers which are officially supported for this adapter or the EarPods by Apple or other manufacturers; I don’t know if that supports MacBooks or not because I don’t have that, but when I tested it with Android, it connects perfectly like the iPad; maybe I have to wait for Windows or Apple updated the driver for that quickly ‘cause I intended to use that with my laptop. And if you have solutions with this, please inform me that, I appreciate it, thank you.

Lightning to USBC adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.