You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email attachment print failure

Email attachments fail to print(blank page)Printer fault ruled out by Apple support! Is there any answer to fixing the incoming attachment to print?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:22 AM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2023 10:10 AM in response to Barney31

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Oct 7, 2023 4:03 AM in response to Barney31

An attachment is just a file. I suggest you first save the attachment to disk then try and print.

No printer fault does not necessarily rule out the need for an updated driver.

I suggest you contact the printer maker's tech support. It is, after all, their product and they are responsible for making it work with macOS; not the reverse.

With the near total lack of details in your post, this is all just a guess. For better possible suggestions: Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community.

Use this post to guide you in reposting your issue with full details as suggested ... if you need further help.

Oct 11, 2023 4:21 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes it does show in preview, but still doesn't print.I contacted Apple support, tests were done on the printer,. it was established that it was not a printer fault, but an email based problem, they were unable to recommend any action.I have now tried Mail settings and deselected

Protect Mail Activity I will see what happens!

Email attachment print failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.