You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ on COMCAST Xfinity X1 "Video Not Available" "There's a problem loading this video"

Apple TV+ app on COMCAST Xfinity X1 has worked flawlessly for many months until recently. For the past week, AppleTV+ opens normally, a program can be selected, 30 second promotional ads for other shows play normally, but when program should start, error message displays "Video Not Available" "There's a problem loading this video."

Everything else on COMCAST Xfinity works including Peacock and Max apps. Internet connection is strong. AppleTV+ works on iPad.

Have restarted Xfinity X1 box multiple times and have emptied locally stored app data from Xfinity X1 box.

On COMCAST Xfinity forums, many users are reporting same problem with Apple TV+

1080p

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 12:38 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Oct 7, 2023 3:12 PM in response to ScottBojko

I am having the exact same problem. Just signed up for 3 months for free(new IPad) and watched 5 episodes of Ted Lasso and now I get the same response as above. All other 3rd party apps work fine and no internet problems at home. Just Apple TV+. Also restarted Xfinity box numerous times. If you work for Apple TV+, and this is not your problem, then Comcast is giving you a bad name. We all need some kind of response! Thanks in advance!

Oct 7, 2023 3:49 PM in response to GregS412

This afternoon I DM'd with Xfinity support and, after going through a lot of Q&A, Xfinity support refreshed the signal to my X1 box and it has appeared to correct the problem!

Many posts on Xfinity forums with same symptoms. Here's how to DM. Good luck!

Xfinity support: thanks for reaching out for help with your Xfinity stream app. Our team will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. Use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Oct 8, 2023 11:17 AM in response to ScottBojko

UPDATE several hours later, "Video Not Available" "There's a problem loading this video" problem re-occurred.

Apple TV+ and COMCAST Xfinity need to collaborate to solve this problem together.

Other apps and all other services are functioning fine on COMCAST.

Apple TV+ has worked well since it was launched, until this problem appeared (for me) a couple weeks ago.

Apple, you out there?

Oct 12, 2023 5:28 PM in response to ScottBojko

Hello, I was having the same issue with my Samsung tv and was able to talk with someone in chat about it 2 weeks ago, they told me their senior advisors are aware of the issue and were working on a solution. I had been able to watch movies since last year until 2 weeks ago when I would continually get the buffering wheel and then the message that said," Video not available". I talked with tech support yesterday and they told me that the senior advisors said the Apple Tv+ app is not working on Samsung, Roku and Brava Tv's. Looking at some of the other chats in the community it looks like there's a bigger problem with the Apple app.

Oct 29, 2023 5:59 PM in response to ScottBojko

UPDATE after several weeks of “Video not Available” requiring Xfinity X1 box 10 minute “refresh” workaround to watch each Apple TV+ program, for last few days,  Apple TV+ is once again working properly on Xfinity X1 with no other action on my part

thank you Apple and/or COMCAST XFINITY! (Hope I don’t jinx it)

Is Apple TV+ now working again for others?

Apple TV+ on COMCAST Xfinity X1 "Video Not Available" "There's a problem loading this video"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.