You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing apps from my iPad and from my Apple store app.

Removing apps from my iPad and from my Apple store app. None of these application have deleted these old apps that are taking up my iPad memory. Why can’t Apple allow me to do that? Someone please come on the net with a solution. I’m with Schof…none of these work.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 6:02 AM

Some pre-installed Apps cannot be deleted from your iPad. Other Apps can be deleted as required:

How to delete apps - Apple Support

Assuming that your iPad is not centrally managed by an Educational Establishment or Business (as the device may be remotely managed) - if you are experiencing difficulties with adding, updating or removing Apps from your iPad, you’ll need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

• Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Adding Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app Purchases - set to Allow

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2023 6:02 AM in response to angel_walsh66

Some pre-installed Apps cannot be deleted from your iPad. Other Apps can be deleted as required:

How to delete apps - Apple Support

Assuming that your iPad is not centrally managed by an Educational Establishment or Business (as the device may be remotely managed) - if you are experiencing difficulties with adding, updating or removing Apps from your iPad, you’ll need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

• Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Adding Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app Purchases - set to Allow

Oct 14, 2023 6:32 PM in response to angel_walsh66

My gen 6 iPad does not give a deleting button for old subscriptions that I want to delete. The only option is hide, share or unhide. I need them deleted. What can be done. I’ve tried speaking to your staff on chat and each time I’m forwarded to the special inquiry team and then they disconnect me. What kind of service is this? Also no one has been able to answer any of these questions. Why don’t you have a level 2 or higher tier to help us users? I know you have a GESA team that should be able to help. This is my 7th attempt to fix this. Please help!

Removing apps from my iPad and from my Apple store app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.