You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using the music app on iPhone.

whenever I listen to my music on iPhone 8, it works good. no issue there. and when I turn off the headphones, it also pauses the music playing. still all good. but then when I turn the headphones back on, I need to take my phone out of my pocket and unpause my music. is there a setting I'm missing that would automatically start my music again after turning my headphones back on?

it's not that big of an issue yet, but winter is rapidly approaching, and I'm hoping I would not need to take my mittens off so I can take my phone out of my pocket to restart my music.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 7:30 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 9, 2023 7:33 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Nov 9, 2023 8:40 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

Not sure what headphones you use.

Here a Powerbeats2 wireless headphones (an older type - 7 years old). I can stop the music via the Remotetalk Control and play the music again. I don't have to turn the headphones off and on again.

Yes, I have to take off my mittens to operate the Remotetalk Control because the 'buttons' are small.

using the music app on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.