You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone continuously asking for outlook.com email password

My iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 17.1.1 keeps asking for my outlook.com email password. I have tried deleting the account and re-creating it and also rebooted the phone several times. I also deleted the account and re-created it as an exchange account. The issue is still occurring. This is also happening on my iPad running iPadOS 17.1.1. TIA for any help.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 9:28 AM

Bud in PA wrote:

My iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 17.1.1 keeps asking for my outlook.com email password. I have tried deleting the account and re-creating it and also rebooted the phone several times. I also deleted the account and re-created it as an exchange account. The issue is still occurring. This is also happening on my iPad running iPadOS 17.1.1. TIA for any help.

if you're using the apple mail app or any other 3rd party app you probably need to enable two factor authentication by using app specific passwords.

To verify if you account needs that talk to Microsoft support.

If you use the Outlook app you won't need to authenticate as often.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2023 9:28 AM in response to Bud in PA

Bud in PA wrote:

if you're using the apple mail app or any other 3rd party app you probably need to enable two factor authentication by using app specific passwords.

To verify if you account needs that talk to Microsoft support.

If you use the Outlook app you won't need to authenticate as often.

iPhone continuously asking for outlook.com email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.