You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app login defaults to old Apple ID email

Hi,

I have the Apple TV app on my TV. I changed my apple ID from one email address to another several months ago, and now use the updated email to log into my apple account. I recently had to sign in to my TV app again and tried to sign in via the QR code to log in via browser on my phone. The Apple TV app does not recognise my credentials when attempting to log in this way, but instead shows an error message and then displays my old Apple ID.

If I manually enter my current apple ID and password on my TV app it is accepted.

I have tried resetting the Apple TV pp but no change. The app seems to be expecting my old Apple ID as this is shown on the error screen, but this ID is no longer associated with my account.

Any suggestions? I can manually log in but this is using the TV remote so takes a lot more time.

QNQ6F,

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 4:59 AM

3 replies

Apple TV app login defaults to old Apple ID email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.