You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable Game Center on iPhone

There HAS to be a way to DISABLE Game Center. I followed Google and turned off notifications but that does not prevent it free m appearing on your Apps. Judging by the number of complaints there are many of us who do NOT want to play games with each other. I loathe this interference which seemed to materialize after the IOS update 16. I was hoping installing 17 would make it go away but no such luck.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 3:15 PM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2024 1:28 AM in response to GerriZee

What really annoys me is that you switch it off and then it randomly gets activated again. You turn it off and set notifications to off and every time you open a game you get a game centre popup.

The other thing is that if you do sign-in you get the do you want to use local data or cloud. Select local and you get the same again next time. Why is there not an option to use/save local data to the cloud so it would function correctly? There just seems to be little use for it and would either like its functionality made to work or have the ability to delete it.

Many games allow the use of an Apple Id to back up games and play across devices. Thought that was what Game Centre was supposed to do!

How to disable Game Center on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.