You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can somebody help with the inactive apple ID?

On my old phone, my ID was another emil, when I am trying to put the password, it says it is inactive ID account. But when I click on forgot and try to change the password, it says again inactive Apple ID. How can I fix the problem? I do not see any solution.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 11:23 PM

10 replies

Dec 9, 2023 5:31 AM in response to madina141

You need to have Apple reactivate the account. Please contact official Apple Support for help with an "inactive" Apple ID. The people responding on this forum are Apple product users like yourself and cannot do anything with your account.

You can reach Apple Support using this link --> Contact - Official Apple Support

or by telephone at one of the numbers in this support article --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2023 9:12 AM in response to madina141

I think it highly unlikely Apple will do anything about your account if contacted by anybody but you, and even then you may need to provide identifying information. You are welcome to have them try though.

Also look at:

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (if you do not see your country, also look for "other" regions; e.g., "Other Africa"), then "Choose a product". Click the "show" item under each category for more selections. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

Dec 10, 2023 8:23 AM in response to madina141

You're right, and the Uzbekistan support site says that some features may not be available. Even the sales items says there are only resellers in Uzbekistan, not Apple itself. It appears Apple doesn't really do business there. You can buy an Apple product but you are pretty much buying it unsupported. I spent 5 minutes searching for a number, but I have other things I need to do today. All I can suggest is you keep on trying to find any help topic that offers a chat session and see if they can help you. Apple used to have a page where anybody anywhere could post and reach an actual person from Apple, but they removed that recently. Now I guess if you have this kind of problem and you are using an iPhone in a country where Apple does not do business then your options are very limited, sorry. :-(

Dec 11, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Limnos

Hi Limnos. You were right. I tried other devices. I clicked on Apple Pencil and there was a chat option. They could not help me as well, but they gave me phone number for support in the US, UK, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Only US number worked, but no one has picked a phone yet. Waiting time was about 4 minutes. I do not know what is the waiting time and if they will pick up the phone or not. I need to find a cheaper way of calling them, probably through Skype and then I will try again.

Can somebody help with the inactive apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.