You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to load iCloud mail

Are there any known incompatibilities with Apple products/Att&t wireless/infinity prepaid internet/and the iCloud mail? iPhone and IPad does the same thing… displays the above error message at “iCloud mail” screen. When I go to iCloud.com, sign in, it recognizes me and my account, my synced photos and everything is all there but when clicking on “mail” it says it is unable to load.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2024 1:26 PM

Went through quite a bit of troubleshooting with a Senior Advisor, and submitted multiple tickets to engineering. It seems like my @iCloud.com address has totally dropped off of my account/Apple ID as a whole.

Any incoming emails to the address are met with an immediate 550 5.2.1 user disabled; cannot receive new.

If anyone solves this, please share how!

48 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2024 1:26 PM in response to AUTH_ERROR_INVALID_USR_TOKEN

Went through quite a bit of troubleshooting with a Senior Advisor, and submitted multiple tickets to engineering. It seems like my @iCloud.com address has totally dropped off of my account/Apple ID as a whole.

Any incoming emails to the address are met with an immediate 550 5.2.1 user disabled; cannot receive new.

If anyone solves this, please share how!

Aug 2, 2024 11:16 PM in response to AUTH_ERROR_INVALID_USR_TOKEN

Same problem. From 28 or 29 of July, because I have no fresh incoming emails after then.

iOS mail app: after long refresh it says “Account Error: iCloud details…” on the bottom, when I click ‘details’ it says “The connection to the server failed”.

iOS settings>mail>accounts>iCloud(which goes to Apple ID” page)>icloud>iCloud mail> after long refreshing it says “AUTH_ERROR_INVALID_USR_TOKEN”

iCloud webpage> mail section> “There was a problem loading this content.”

Also iCloud webpage redirects to “sign in” page when I click the ‘custom domain’ settings.

Korean support team failed and senior also didn’t gave me any solution. It was quite embarrassing that they just surprised and couldn’t provide any potential solution.

Wrote the symptoms here because I’m sick and tired of providing the whole story again.

iOS version doesn’t really matter because the problem isn’t just related to the iPhone but same on macOS and iCloud webpage, but NO, I don’t use beta version anywhere with my devices. It’s v14.6.

Aug 2, 2024 11:56 PM in response to GillesDeSi

I’m really sorry to say this, but I don’t believe that anything I did or the support service did was really useful in *actually* solving the issue. My 20+ years experience as a system engineer in IT lend me to believe that this is an issue that may happen within Apple backend systems, of which Apple engineers are aware and it is just a matter of them manually fixing the issue with the user account when this get escalated to engineers. Th problem is That it requires time to actually land on the desk of somebody who actually know how to solve it and can do it.

This must not be some sort of alibi for Apple. To me being stuck out of iCloud email for one and a half month resulted in big headache and many missed fundamental mail. This sort of issues may happen, but should be solved way way more fast than it is.

Aug 6, 2024 1:16 PM in response to AUTH_ERROR_INVALID_USR_TOKEN

Такая же проблема

SMTP ответ - said: 550 5.2.1 user disabled; cannot receive new. 

Я не знаю ни одного почтового сервиса который бы блокировал аккаунты, благодаря Apple я потерял доступ к сервисам, где у меня хранились деньги

Вместо решения проблемы, тех поддержка задает глупые вопросы, просто подключите разработчиков к проблеме

Худший сервис

Sep 10, 2024 6:30 PM in response to s2clear

I can’t write it plainly because it will get taken down again. But from what I’ve seen, the problem is not a technical barrier, rather it is one of motivation. A customer calling support seems to be insufficient motivation. However, if an outside agency contacts them, the problem gets fixed within 14 days with no fuss and no long support calls. We have an agency that specializes in this sort of thing. It has three initials, all of them are the second letter of the alphabet.

Apr 29, 2024 6:37 AM in response to AUTH_ERROR_INVALID_USR_TOKEN

The same for me.

After weeks of troubleshooting by phone with three different advisors...screenshots, video of the errors, change of password, nothing new and the problem always there. it is obviously a server side problem, but it seems that it is not so obvious to have someone in the engineering team fix it. Meanwhile I'm stuck out from important mail, not knowing how to get out of this....oh by the way, I've 30 years experience as a sysadm and developer...so you can imagine the frustration...

Jul 8, 2024 1:50 AM in response to fametex

Your only chance is to get ask to be contacted by support guys via phone. Then follow their diagnosis procedures and escalate the issue up to the engineers. It took me one and a half month to have this solved. And needed to restart the whole procedure four times with different guys answering from different nations within the EU. Since apple’s is my main email it has been really a pain, with countless important communication lost. Insist, the’ll fix, but it won’t be fast.

Aug 1, 2024 3:55 AM in response to GillesDeSi

Just had yet another phone call with some engineer. Had to change my Apple ID password (useless), had to authorize complete access to my data for 30 days (let's hope it won't take that long to correct their server issue…), schedule another call in a week (!)… I have never experienced such an issue with Apple, it is a major disappointment! The Apple financial department better get ready to offer a proper compensation…

Unable to load iCloud mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.