You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use vision pro with Mac virtual display WITHOUT internet?

One of the main reasons I bought an Apple Vision Pro was to use "Mac virtual display" for my MacBook on flights (so that I can have a larger screen and people can't stare over my shoulder at confidential documents).

However, the "Mac virtual display" feature doesn't seem to work without an internet connection. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have wifi enabled on both devices, and have successfully connected the two many times on the ground when both are connected to the same internet-connected wifi network. On the airplane, with wifi enabled on both but neither connected to a network, I can successfully airdrop, but cannot connect a virtual display. I've tried connecting both devices to the airplane wifi network but without buying internet connections for the devices) and that hasn't helped. Neither has creating an adhoc wifi network on my Mac.

Any advice?

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2024 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 12:03 AM

I just spoke with Apple Support who confirmed that Wi-Fi Internet connection is required on both devices in order for virtual display to work. And apparently it also requires a fairly high bandwidth Internet connection. Very disappointing.🤨

1 reply

Use vision pro with Mac virtual display WITHOUT internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.